Friday, July 19, 2013

One Meal at a Time

That is very true right now. If I were to keep on the path I had been on, I would be facing a lifetime of stomach pain and possible surgery. Now that I have finally (almost 3 years after my diagnosis) embracing and accepting the food changes that I must make, I am definitely changing my life, or at least my future, one meal at a time. This morning I had a very satisfying bowl of gluten free Rice Krispies with 1/2 a banana and one packet of Splenda. It was delicious. I think for lunch I will have a packet of those wonderful rice noodles, minus the oil, and a grilled chicken breast patty. Now that I am making changes in my eating, I need to start putting more water back in my menu. I was doing well with it at one point, but I was forcing it, and hating it. I will try to go slower this time and not try for perfection, but just gradually adding more water until I feel satisfied with my progress. I also need to get back into exercising. It's just hard to do it here in the summer. It's sooooooo hot outside. And if it isn't hot, it's raining. So, I've got to get back to doing some exercise inside again. I'll do it, but yet again, not try to be perfect. And not give up when I miss one workout. Progress is the goal! Now, on to my housework and schoolwork for the day...which also needs progress! :)

1 comment:

  1. I workout inside with DVDs most of the time. The air conditioner is your friend! I won't work out outside when it is this hot.

    ReplyDelete