Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tried New Ice Cream Today

I tried a new ice cream today. It is called Arctic Zero. It was a bit pricey. A pint cost $4.98. But the entire pint is only 150 calories! So, after much debate about the price, I decided to try it. I thought I might be disappointed because I was thinking, "How good is ice cream that is only 150 calories, fat free, lactose free and gluten free gonna be?" After all, I used to be the person that called foods like that "fun free"...lol! But, to my surprise, it smelled wonderful and was pretty flavorful. I got the flavor pictured here, Vanilla Maple. I could really smell the maple in it. It tasted very good. The texture is very similar to ice cream or frozen yogurt. The taste is not quite the same. It does not have the richness that regular ice cream possesses. However, it is still good. Will I buy it again? Most definitely. I love sweets and to know that I could eat an entire pint of ice cream and only have consumed 150 calories is pretty awesome! I have also been shopping in the gluten free section and found some pretty great noodles. They are the Thai Kitchen brand and they are rice noodles. The two flavors I tried were Green Onion and Garlic and Vegetables. They are good, and only 170 calories with the oil in the packet. It takes off about 50 calories to not use the oil, which is what I did. I am trying to embrace this new lifestyle and new way of eating for my health. Not just to lose weight, but to keep my digestive system healthy. For dinner tonight, I made one of our family favorites, Chicken, Black beans and Rice. However, I made mine differently. My chicken was skinless, and I only had one chicken thigh. And my black beans were pureed so that I could easily digest the hulls on them. I had about 1/2 cup of black beans and 3/4 cup of rice. It was still delicious! I am trying very hard and I believe I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete