Monday, July 1, 2013

Today is Day One . . .

It certainly is! I decided not to do the seven day cleanse. I figured that if I wanted to start the whole family being healthier together, then we should start today together. All of us doing the same things, and I am not putting my children on a seven day cleanse. Nuff said.
So, last night I got the kids in the bed an hour earlier. I'm pretty sure they didn't fall asleep then though. But it's a start in getting back to a normal routine. Oh, and at around 1:30 am, some guy knocks on our door. I don't know who this guy is and it's 1:30 in the morning. No way am I opening the door. So I wake up my fiance and tell him. He's like, I don't know who he is. Ignore him. Okay. So like two minutes later we hear all this noise on our patio (It is full of stuff!). So my fiance jumps up and looks out the glass and it is this guy that was at the door! I'm thinking he knocked on the door and no one answered, so he thinks no one is home and so now he's going to break in! My fiance yells at him and he says he dropped his keys on our patio from the apartment above us and he leaves. But I'm just like, it's 1:30 am! You are going to get shot pulling stuff like that. Damn your keys, go to bed, get them tomorrow! Geez. But anyway...weird. Despite the interruption, I managed to wake up at around 7 am and the kids got up at 9. It is an improvement, considering they had been waking up around 10:30. The goal tonight is to get them to sleep, and not just in the bed, an hour earlier. Then wake them up at 8 am tomorrow morning. This way we can get more of a routine going. Slowly, but surely.
Today for breakfast we had eggs, apple, almonds and yogurt. The kids drank milk and I had tea. So a pretty good start. For a snack we had strawberries and water. Oh, and I had more tea. For lunch I think we are going to have left over cheese pizza which I'm cutting into small squares (there's not much left). We will also have a fruit smoothie and a veggie of the kids choosing. For dinner I have planned to have pan-seared pork chops, sweet peas with honey and baked sweet potatoes with a little bit of butter and cinnamon. Yum! My pantry, fridge and freezer are not totally full of healthy items yet. I have a few things to use up before it becomes like that. I won't throw them away because we get EBT and I just can't go throwing food away. It's too wasteful and too expensive. I will just use the not-so-healthy foods in moderation.
I am starting over. Well, we are starting over. That is, my family and I. We are starting over once again, and it is okay. I am looking forward to doing this as a family and not just by myself. I hope that it helps and that we all get healthier and happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment